December 19, 2016 – Executive search firm Boyden has opened a new office in Kyiv, Ukraine, in an effort to strengthen its presence in Central and Eastern Europe and the emerging markets.
Boyden Ukraine will be led by managing partner Alexey Dolgikh, a talent and leadership solutions advisor in the region. The new Ukraine team of seven professionals also includes principals Alina Litvinova and Oleksiy Rudyk.
Mr. Dolgikh previously served as country manager for Ukraine at Pedersen & Partners. Prior to that, he served as practice head at Hudson and before that was a consultant at Ward Howell International in Moscow. Ms. Litvinova and Mr. Rudyk also join the Boyden team from Pedersen & Partners, where they both served as consultants.
“Our expansion into Ukraine is another strategic step in our firm’s expansion into key developing markets across the globe in support of our clients’ strategic growth objectives,” said Trina Gordon, Boyden president and chief executive officer. “We are very pleased that Alexey and his team have joined Boyden as they are aligned with our objectives for growth. Alexey brings strong regional and international expertise particularly in the dynamic areas of C-suite advisory, leadership consulting and organizational change.”
Ukraine is regarded as a developing economy with high potential. Well-known Ukrainian brands include Naftogaz, AvtoZAZ, PrivatBank, Roshen, Yuzhmash, Nemiroff, Motor Sich, Khortytsa, Kyivstar and Aerosvit.
“We are enthusiastic about the strategic enhancement of our regional and global organization in support of our clients’ needs,” said Andreas Landgrebe, managing partner of Boyden Central and Eastern Europe. “We welcome Alexey and the excellent Ukraine team to Boyden CEE. Together, we continue our growth plans, fostering Boyden’s position as one of the leaders in the global and regional market.”
Boyden has recently expanded across several areas:
- Just recently, Boyden merged with Signium Australia, formerly known as Crown & Marks, to establish a major presence in the Australia and New Zealand region. Boyden Australia’s new team is being led by managing partners Allan Marks and Alun Parry and will search for functional leaders in industrial, education, consumer, professional services, technology, and the financial services sectors;
- In September, Boyden named Gary Claus as a partner in its Pittsburgh office. Mr. Claus is well known for his expertise in financial and professional services recruiting. Most recently, he served eight years as a managing director with Jade Group LLC, an executive search and consulting firm specializing in assignments for senior level executives in the financial, accounting, tax, internal audit, information technology and legal fields;
- The firm added Tracy Grajewski as a partner, also in its Pittsburgh office, this past June. Ms. Grajewski previously founded Laurel Summit Insights, a consulting firm geared to the business needs of clients undergoing transformation. Before that, she served as senior vice president of human resources at integrated delivery insurer Highmark Health, where she led an organizational redesign in tandem with the integration of a large acquisition;
- It named Sébastien Zuchowski as a partner in its Montreal office. His focus is on senior level assignments in the technology, media, telecommunications and industrial sectors. Before joining Boyden Montreal, Mr. Zuchowski worked for over 20 years as a client facing executive at several high tech software, hardware and professional services companies, including GURUS Solutions, Novell/Micro Focus, Netmail, Averna, Kontron and Integrys Ltd;
- Boyden added Brian G. Bachand as a partner in its Toronto office. He works in the firm’s education, healthcare & life sciences, and not-for-profit recruiting practices. Mr. Bachand joined Boyden from the University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine, where he led the office of advancement.
Contributed by Dale M. Zupsansky, Managing Editor, Hunt Scanlon Media