May 18, 2016 – ChampionScott Partners has opened a new office in New York City as part of its effort to develop and expand in strategic business centers globally.
Stephanie McGuire, a principal in the firm, has relocated from Boston and will spearhead client engagement, executive search activities and business development in New York.
Ms. McGuire is responsible for the qualification, assessment and development of senior executives in general management, sales, finance and information technology functions. She has been instrumental in many appointments for key clients across the technology, digital media, business to business services and outsourcing industries. She joined ChampionScott Partners in 2007.
“Opening an office in New York is representative of the consistency and quality of results we deliver to our customers which is fueling our growth,” said CEO Geoff Champion. “Our entire team played a role in reaching this milestone; we are delighted to be in New York, closer to — and continuing to execute on behalf of — our customers in the largest executive search market in the world.”
“As a result of our long standing partner relationships with leading private equity and technology companies, we have a strong connection to New York,” said Ms. McGuire. “Our team has always spent a significant amount of time in New York and the new office allows us to deliver an even higher level of personalized service.”
ChampionScott Partners focuses on recruiting for the technology industry and related sectors. It has additional offices in Atlanta, Boston, London, Naples, Silicon Valley, Shanghai, Tokyo and Washington, D.C.
A number of executive search firms have strengthened their search services in New York recently:
- Egon Zehnder appointed Al Prieto to lead the firm’s New York office. He continues as co-leader of Egon Zehnder’s global health practice, which serves a comprehensive range of enterprises spanning the health sector;
- Executive search firm DMC Partners added Lisa Steele and Brian Townes in its New York office. Ms. Steele joined the firm from Global Sage, where she was global head of its asset management distribution search practice. Mr. Townes was a vice president at multi-strategy hedge fund Topwater Capital;
- Major, Lindsey & Africa named Stacey Breen and Peter Van Son as directors in its partner practice group in the firm’s New York office. Ms. Breen is a litigator with over 15 years of experience. She was previously a partner at law firm Wolf Haldenstein Adler Freeman & Herz in New York. Mr. Van Son is a legal operations executive and attorney with a successful track record at major AmLaw 100 firms;
- Plymouth Search Partners – Signium added Mark S. Fogel as managing director in its New York City office. Mr. Fogel formerly served as chief human resources officer (CHRO) for Success Academy Charter Schools;
- DHR appointed Girish Mirchandani as a partner in New York. Mr. Mirchandani has extensive search experience in the technology arena partnering with companies in the SaaS, enterprise software, healthcare IT, ad-tech and with digital media companies. He has worked with Howard Fischer Associates, Calibre One and SVI Search.
Contributed by Dale M. Zupsansky, Managing Editor, Hunt Scanlon Media