July 27, 2016 – Greensboro, North Carolina-based executive search firm Jorgenson Consulting has named Dianne Reid as managing director of its newly opened New York City office. She will be responsible for business development, executive search and client management.
Todd Jorgenson, managing director and principal, said the firm opened the new office to further serve its clients with operations in the northeastern and southeastern U.S.
Ms. Reid is an accomplished certified economic developer with over 25 years of experience in all aspects of public-private leadership and project management. A self-directed and highly organized manager, she is adept at building strong teams. She is said to be a natural leader with a strong commitment to building consensus and alliances across diverse constituencies.
She recently retired as president of the Chatham Economic Development Corporation, a post she held for almost nine years. Prior to that, she was economic development director for Orange County, NC for over eight years. In both positions, she directed initiatives in marketing and business recruitment, product development, business retention, and entrepreneurship.
“This is a great opportunity to bring an economic development professional with direct experience creating jobs and capital investment to our team,” said Mr. Jorgenson. “Throughout Dianne’s career she has been recognized as a forward-thinking professional who understands what it takes to move the needle in a community. That hands on experience will bring tremendous value to our clients.”
With over 20 years of experience, Jorgenson Consulting serves organizations in non-profit, economic and community development. Its clients include Pasco Economic Development Council, Saratoga County Prosperity Partnership, and the Corpus Christi Chamber of Commerce, among others.
A number of executive search firms have strengthened their search services in New York recently. Here’s a sampling:
- Top Gun Ventures appointed Tom Silver as partner and executive in charge of the firm’s New York area practice. Mr. Silver most recently served as senior vice president of sales and marketing for Leadership Directories;
- ChampionScott Partners opened a new office in New York City as part of its effort to develop and expand in strategic business centers globally. Stephanie McGuire, a principal in the firm, has relocated from Boston and will spearhead client engagement, executive search activities and business development in New York;
- Egon Zehnder appointed Al Prieto to lead the firm’s New York office. He continues as co-leader of Egon Zehnder’s global health practice, which serves a comprehensive range of enterprises spanning the health sector;
- Executive search firm DMC Partners added Lisa Steele and Brian Townes in its New York office. Ms. Steele joined the firm from Global Sage, where she was global head of its asset management distribution search practice. Mr. Townes was a vice president at multi-strategy hedge fund Topwater Capital;
- Major, Lindsey & Africa named Stacey Breen and Peter Van Son as directors in its partner practice group in the firm’s New York office. Ms. Breen is a litigator with over 15 years of experience. She was previously a partner at law firm Wolf Haldenstein Adler Freeman & Herz in New York. Mr. Van Son is a legal operations executive and attorney with a successful track record at major AmLaw 100 firms;
- Plymouth Search Partners – Signium added Mark S. Fogel as managing director in its New York City office. Mr. Fogel formerly served as chief human resources officer (CHRO) for Success Academy Charter Schools;
- DHR appointed Girish Mirchandani as a partner in New York. Mr. Mirchandani has extensive search experience in the technology arena partnering with companies in the SaaS, enterprise software, healthcare IT, ad-tech and with digital media companies. He has worked with Howard Fischer Associates, Calibre One and SVI Search.
Contributed by Dale M. Zupsansky, Managing Editor, Hunt Scanlon Media