May 19, 2016 – Executive search firm ON Partners has posted U.S. revenues of $14 million, an increase of 31.8 percent, for 2015. The firm now ranks as the 19th largest search firm in the Americas region, according to the latest statistics report released from Hunt Scanlon Media. ON Partners currently has 16 consultants working from offices in Atlanta, Baltimore / Washington, D.C., Boston, Cleveland, Dallas, Minneapolis, Portland, OR, and Silicon Valley.
With a primary focus on technology, energy / clean tech and the life science sectors, ON Partners recruits C-suite, board directors and senior executive talent for public and private companies, as well as venture capital and private equity firms.
“Our success is due in part to the current trend toward mid-sized firms which offer personalized service and focus on specific markets,” said managing director Tim Conti. “ON’s mission from the start has been to provide a client-focused and results-driven alternative to the larger multi-service firms,” he added.
|Check out our latest upload from ON Partners
“Our consultants are grounded in the technology and biotech industries which continue to drive growth – hot sectors this year included IaaS, consumer internet, and payments,” Mr. Conti said. “The experience and business connections we’ve built and our strong personal connections to our clients have led to 75 percent repeat business, and multiple roles being filled for single clients,” meaning the firm often builds out complete leadership teams for client companies.
“Due to a combination of strategic partner additions and tier-one client relationships, our firm saw significant growth in 2015 – adding six consultants and expanding our footprint with offices in Atlanta, Boston, and Portland, OR,” said Mr. Conti. “These hires not only broadened our reach, they bolstered our technology practice with digital, communications, services, and data expertise. Mid-year we updated our brand identity to reflect the energy and momentum we were experiencing, resulting in an invigorated company culture and brand awareness being at an all-time high.”
Looking ahead, Mr. Conti said he expects this growth to continue. “It’s still a strong market – and we’re optimistic about another successful year based on Q1 – where we experienced a 44 percent increase in open searches,” he said. The firm continues to see demand in cybersecurity, data analytics, and wireless infrastructure. ON Partners is celebrating 10 years in the search business this year.
Highlights from 2015 include:
- During 2015, On Partners added Matthew A. Mooney in Atlanta. He has two decades of search experience and focuses primarily on the communications sector. Prior to starting his own firm, MPI EDEN, he spent 10 years with Russell Reynolds Associates where he was a managing director and head of the firm’s communications & convergence practice for the Americas.
- ON Partners also appointed Aaron Clark as VP in Atlanta. His practice spans several industries including traditional software, cloud/SaaS, telecommunications, information services, big data and professional services companies. Mr. Clark was previously a principal with Heidrick & Struggles’ global technology and services practice and a founding member of its global sales officers practice.
- The firm also added Leonard Vairo, John Barrett and Seth Harris to its newly established Boston office as partners. With 20 years of executive recruiting experience, Mr. Vairo’s practice focuses on the technology and business services industry across CEO, board of director and senior level executive search assignments. He joined the firm from Russell Reynolds Associates where he was a partner for 10 years. With over 30 years of combined technology search experience, Messrs Barrett and Harris forged relationships with industry leaders while with Cook Associates. They specialize in senior assignments, including C-suite, board, and functional leadership for private equity and venture-backed portfolio companies as well as high-growth Fortune 1000 companies.
- Earlier in the year, ON Partners named John Coutts as a partner in its also newly formed Portland, Oregon office. He has two decades of executive search experience and his practice focuses on advanced technologies and industrial organizations. His clients have ranged from emerging companies to Fortune 500 corporations in the technology, industrial, consumer products, healthcare and professional services industries. He formerly served as senior client partner and global sector leader for the systems & electronics practice at Korn Ferry.
Notable searches in 2015 include:
- Laurence Tosi as chief financial officer at Airbnb;
- Brian Lora as chief technology officer of Dude Solutions, Inc.;
- Michael Harris as chief marketing officer at Guidance Software;
- Pete Cannone as chief executive officer at Propel Marketing;
- Sean McGinty as CTO at Trillium Software.
Contributed by Dale M. Zupsansky, Managing Editor, Hunt Scanlon Media