January 9, 2017 – Executive search firms Thomas Thor Associates, B.V. and KeySource HCI, LLC, have merged their nuclear industry business interests in the Americas and formed a new company called KeySource Thomas Thor, LLC.
Both firms have been serving the national and international interests of their clients by helping attract top talent, senior executives, management personnel and professional technical experts across the full spectrum of organizational needs.
KeySource Thomas Thor will be focused on providing executive search services to the entire life-cycle of nuclear providers in North and South America and will be headquartered in Hudson, OH. The combined firm will also have access to the global network of Thomas Thor Associates with operations in Europe and the Middle East.
Keith M. Wing, founder and principal of the KeySource companies, will serve as president and chief executive officer, reporting to Callum Thomas who will serve as chairman.
Merger of Equals
“This is essentially a merger of two highly competent nuclear industry services companies with complimentary skills focused on North and South America,” said Mr. Wing. “I am excited for KeySource to join with one of the fastest growing nuclear services companies in the world, Thomas Thor, to now have a truly global reach in the nuclear industry.”
“We have highly complimentary capabilities and we share the same values as KeySource HCI,” said Mr. Thomas. “Our firms have served companies in nuclear technology, engineering and construction, operations, decommissioning and environmental clean-up sectors of the nuclear industry and we now have the capability to serve the demands of nuclear energy and technology worldwide. More and more companies are expanding into nuclear initiatives around the globe and we are pleased to be a trusted partner in talent delivery for our clients.”
Mergers Continue In Search Sector
There have been a number of mergers among executive search firms in recent months. Some provide national expansion opportunities, others more global reach, while still others allow for additional solutions offerings for clients requesting a full suite of talent management services. Here’s a look at just a few from the Hunt Scanlon Media archives:
- Just recently, U.K.-based Intrinsic Executive Search merged with San Francisco area recruiters The Roseinstein Group. Silicon Valley based recruiter Darrell Rosenstein heads up the firm’s new San Francisco office and will lead North American operations. The expansion is part of Intrinsic’s strategy to work more closely with the global MarTech communities, as well as to get closer to its growing VC, customer and candidate base in the U.S.
- In October, search firms Wheless Partners and Chandler Group officially merged. The combined organization brings industry experience to the 25 different industry sectors that both recruiting outfits serve. With offices in New York, Atlanta, Birmingham, Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth, Denver and San Francisco, Wheless Partners has professionals in strategy, assessment, executive selection, leadership development, and executive coaching. Established in 2001, Chandler Group is a Minnesota-based search boutique that serves clients in 28 states. The firm has practice groups include healthcare, non-profit, technology, corporate and board of directors.
- Executive search firm Indigo Partners merged with national cyber security CyberSN. Veronica Mollica, chief executive officer and founder of Indigo Partners, joined the CyberSN executive team as vice president of business development, responsible for building teams to support national expansion. “I’m excited to work with an experienced individual who is cut from the same cloth of integrity and transparency, who has five-star sales and customer service skills, and who is a team player and believes there can be love in the workforce,” said CyberSN CEO and founder Deidre Diamond. “Veronica is that rare person and I am beyond thrilled that we are uniting.”
- Shilton Sharpe Quarry (SSQ), an international legal search consultancy, joined forces with Vienna-based executive search firm lawyers & more [L&M]. SSQ has worked in Austria and the wider central and eastern European region for some time but through this formal relationship the business is looking to increase its activity by working with lawyers & more to place internationally qualified lawyers in Austria. The relationship covers the private practice market, recruiting for law firms, as well as recruiting lawyers for leading corporates across commerce and industry and financial services on the in-house side.
- Healthcare and life sciences recruiter HM Long Global Partners Ltd joined forced with RSVP Group, a global boutique recruiting outfit that focuses exclusively on the life sciences and chemical sectors. The combined firms will give the newly-merged entity a broad global presence in New York, Zurich, London, Paris, Boston, Wiesbaden, Washington, D.C., Princeton, Austin, Shanghai and Singapore.
- Executive search firms AETHOS Consulting Group and Greger / Peterson Associates merged to serve the hospitality industry. Greger / Peterson will begin operating immediately under the AETHOS Consulting Group name. “Greger / Peterson has a sterling reputation in the hospitality industry, as well as in leisure, entertainment and media,” said AETHOS managing director and CEO Keith Kefgen. “Coupled with our global presence and wide range of advisory services, the merger will benefit our global clients with additional resources and increased senior level expertise.”
Contributed by Dale M. Zupsansky, Managing Editor, Hunt Scanlon Media