June 8, 2016 – Executive search firm The Overture Group has launched a compensation consulting practice and added Mark Reilly to lead it as managing director.
Mr. Reilly brings expertise in compensation, including short term and long term incentive compensation plan design, expert testimony, and performance measurement to a wide range of companies from start-ups to the Fortune 500. Most recently, he was principal and head of the executive compensation practice with Verisight / Newport Group. Before that he was a founding partner with Chicago-based 3C Consulting. He also managed his own venture capital fund, MKR Investments LLC and held executive compensation consulting positions with Sibson & Co, Hay Group, and Frederic Cook & Co.
“Mark will build our compensation consulting practice that will enable us to better serve our clients and extend our reach,” said Bob Lindeman, co-founder and managing director. “His deep expertise in distinct areas of compensation consulting and proven track record in counseling companies of varying sizes will significantly contribute to our company’s growth.”
“Our plan is to offer our search clients additional human resource services, such as compensation consulting, which is complementary to our search practice,” added John D. Liacone, the firm’s other co-founder and managing director. “Bob and I look forward to providing these additional services to our mid-market clients.”
Our Latest Thinking
Hunt Scanlon’s global staffing intelligence data comes in many forms. Here you can access dozens of thought-provoking and insightful news items from our flagship human capital archives.
The Overture Group is a boutique executive search and compensation consulting firm with offices in Lisle, IL (Chicago) and Cedar Rapids, IA. The firm works in all industries and has sector specializations in manufacturing, distribution, professional services, financial services and non-profits.
Hunt Scanlon Media recently reported on other search firms offering more than just traditional recruiting services. Here’s a closer look at just a few of them and what they offer:
- Eg.1 opened a new office in New York City earlier this year to support its continued growth in the U.S. The firm’s expanded team and new office will enable it to provide improved business intelligence and local, on-the-ground executive search support services to its clients;
- Ryan Search & Consulting formed a partnership with the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) a few months ago to provide clients with a deeper array of leadership development resources. A global provider of leadership development, CCL works with individuals, teams, organizations and companies to help them achieve their objectives through leadership development & organizational guidance, coaching, change leadership, culture transformation and succession planning. For over 40 years, the firm has worked with more than one million leaders at all levels in more than 130 countries worldwide;
- In February, Heidrick & Struggles acquired Decision Strategies International (DSI), a Philadelphia-based strategy and leadership advisory firm. Founded in 1990 by Paul Schoemaker, DSI has advised some of the world’s best-known organizations; it specializes in strategic planning and decision making in uncertain operating environments, leadership development, and talent strategy. This acquisition comes on the heels of Heidrick’s acquisition of Co Company, a London-based advisory boutique specializing in leadership services that accelerate organizational performance. Both firms have now been merged into Heidrick’s leadership consulting business;
- Executive search firm Conroy Ross recently partnered with Optimum Talent, a privately owned integrated talent management firm. Together, they provide clients with a full offering of leadership solutions including executive search, leadership development, coaching, organizational psychology and career transition;
- Several months ago, Korn Ferry finalized its acquisition of Hay Group for $452 million. Hay Group now includes Korn Ferry’s former Leadership and Talent Consulting segment. Hay Group, founded 72 years ago, is a global leader in people strategy and organizational performance and is sure to give Korn Ferry the heft it was seeking to service clients well beyond its executive search core offering.
Contributed by Dale M. Zupsansky, Managing Editor, Hunt Scanlon Media