April 4, 2016 – Amrop, a partnership of recruiting firms operating from 80 offices in 57 countries throughout Asia, EMEA, and the Americas, has expanded its staff with the additions of five new partners to its global team of executive search consultants.
The search consultant additions give Amrop broadening coverage in four countries: Denmark, Ecuador, Italy and Romania:
- Sandra de Bruijn has been named partner in Amrop’s Amsterdam office and a member of the firm’s professional services practice group with a focus on the legal sector. She started her career in the recruitment industry with Tempo Team, a Randstad Holding Company. In 1997 she was involved in the start-up of Legal FlexForce, one of the Netherland’s leading recruitment firms for lawyers and legal counsels that was later acquired by TMP Worldwide. Ms. de Bruijn subsequently held management positions at YER (Young Executive Recruitment) and Hudson Global Resources Group. She also owned her own legal search and consultancy firm for many years. Her last role was as managing director of the Amsterdam-based law firm, Blenheim Lawyers.
- Anabel Galarza joins the organization as a partner in Ecuador bringing 16 years of experience in recruiting and human resources expertise serving national and multinational companies. She has led search assignments for senior executives for local and international companies in Ecuador and Latin America, and has provided strategic consulting advice to various clients across a range of sectors.
London: Global Crossroads for Talent Acquisition
“London’s power-base status is threatened by a diminishing supply of professional business talent. We look at why this is happening and offer up some surprising predictions.” — Scott A. Scanlon, London Global Crossroads Report Editor-in-Chief
- Claudia Paladino comes to Amrop in Italy specializing in the media & technology, industrial, retail and life sciences sectors. She has managed a number of change management projects for multinational and family companies in Italy and search assignments in the digital and innovation sectors. She started her career in an advertising agency, subsequently becoming manager of its marketing division. She later joined FMA Group, a communications agency leader as external relations manager. From 2000 to 2005 she worked as marketing and advertising manager of the daily newspaper Tuttosport. In 2006 she began her career in executive search joining Eurosearch consultants.
- Roland Theuws joins Amrop in Amsterdam to focus on executive, senior management and specialized positions in the industrial, energy and infrastructure sectors. He began his career with Royal Dutch Shell where he participated in its international internship program in the Ivory Coast. Later, he held commercial and senior management positions at Chevron Corporation in the U.K. and West Africa over a period of 14 years. While in the Ivory Coast for Chevron, he was temporarily seconded to ExxonMobil. After gaining blue chip exposure, Mr. Theuws returned to the Netherlands joining Rabobank International to bring oil experience to its renewable energy & infrastructure finance team. He later rejoined the oil sector working for the world’s fourth largest energy trading house, Gunvor, prior to joining Amrop.
- Mircea Tiplea has been tapped as a partner in Romania where he will work with clients in the private equity, financial services, supply chain, and professional services sectors. Mr. Tiplea started his career as a finance manager and later moved to the FMCG sector, working as industrial controller for InBev Romania and later as financial controller, SAP project manager and CFO for Coca-Cola Romania & Moldova. Starting in 2009 he became CEO of a private equity-owned company in the transportation & logistics sector.
Earlier this year, Amrop named Murat Ayberk and Gregor Handler as senior consultants in Vienna, Damjan Kozjak as a director in Ljubljana, Slovenia, Tamal Kumar as a principal in Mumbai and leader of its process manufacturing practice, Diana Rake as a partner in Lima, and Olivier Reynaud as a partner in Paris.
Amrop recently welcomed Anhalt Executive Search in Germany as its newest member firm. With offices in Berlin, Duesseldorf, Hamburg and Munich, this latest Amrop member is a newly-created firm led by Sabine von Anhalt, Annika Farin and Ulrich Beckendorff, all established practitioners in executive search, leadership and board consulting.
Contributed by Dale M. Zupsansky, Managing Editor, Hunt Scanlon Media