December 21, 2016 – Executive search firm upLIFT HR has been launched in New York by veteran human resources executive Talia Salvati.
The firm was created to partner with small and large scale companies holistically to create, structure and recruit its HR teams. It works with purpose-driven companies to find dynamic and nimble HR leaders who can drive their company’s vision and mission.
Ms. Salvati previously served as manager of talent acquisition at PURE Group of Insurance Companies. Before that, she served as recruiting manager at ACE Group. She also served as an executive recruiter with Lucas Group.
“After a successful career in corporate HR leadership roles, it became clear that the traditional HR function was transforming,” said Ms. Salvati. “Company CEOs are tasked with creating more strategic business focused HR organizations, and they need original thinkers who can inspire and drive organizational performance while building ethics and integrity into the culture. I felt the need to create a company with deep HR expertise and to be a resource for emerging and established companies that are looking to secure exceptional talent to help innovate and elevate their organizations,” Ms. Salvati added.
With an extensive background in HR and talent acquisition, Ms. Salvati has seen the industry defined in numerous ways over the years. “In today’s corporate world, companies need HR talent that will succeed across multiple deliverables,” Ms. Salvati noted. “They act as culture officers, compliance gurus, employee relations experts, brand ambassadors, mobility champions, strategic business partners, inspirational trainers, and so much more.”
Open for Business
In recent months, a slew of new recruiting firms have opened for business around the world, an obvious nod to boom times in executive search. Here is a look at just a recent sampling from the Hunt Scanlon archives:
- Wakerobin Partners was launched in The Woodlands, TX, by Rick Lowry. As a boutique firm, Wakerobin will specialize in recruiting corporate and regional leadership throughout the U.S., working in a myriad of industries and disciplines. Mr. Lowry has more than 15 years in the search industry, as well as many years in leadership positions in public and private companies. He was formerly a partner with executive search firm Lowry Rhoads Associates;
- Financial services focused executive search firm Myriarch Advisors was launched in St. Louis by Matt Huffman. The firm was founded, according to Mr. Huffman, to bring the blended experience of running a corporate executive recruiting function with a specialist executive search practice to clients in the financial services industry. Most recently, Mr. Huffman built and led the executive recruiting function for the corporate headquarters of Edward Jones;
- Zephyr Maritime was launched in London focusing solely on mid to senior level shore based appointments within the maritime industry. Behind the initiative is founder Alexander G. Tsavliris, who has four generations of maritime heritage behind him and a successful background in recruiting;
- Executive search veteran David Winterburn launched Burns Tempest, a senior level executive search and selection business that will specialize in a range of assignments throughout the U.K. Mr. Winterburn has experience in a number of sectors, including food and drink; banking and finance; legal; construction; manufacturing / engineering; pharmaceutical / scientific; IT; business services; and renewable energy;
- Macdonald Lewis Associates Limited was launched to provide executive search services to the life sciences industry. The firm is led by life sciences talent management veteran Susan Macdonald;
- Former FiveTen Group chief executive officer, John Rose, launched executive search firm Vered Consulting. Mr. Rose has spent the past 12 years in a variety of CEO positions, spanning a wide variety of business types from a private equity-backed group and U.K. AIM-listed company, through to the U.K. division of a NASDAQ-listed business.
Contributed by Dale M. Zupsansky, Managing Editor, Hunt Scanlon Media