October 26, 2017 – Norman Broadbent Group, a London-based executive recruitment and advisory firm, is continuing to strengthen and expand its operations with the appointment of Will Gerrand as group chief financial and operating officer.
Mr. Gerrand has extensive experience in finance, recruitment and financial leadership and has held a number of senior international roles. He formerly served as CFO of Proco Global, a specialist global recruitment business focused exclusively on executive search within supply chain management. Mr. Gerrand has also served in various roles for corporate, private and private organizations. He spent seven years at Ernst & Young LLP in Auckland and London before joining Reed in Partnership Plc. He subsequently worked in senior finance positions with the U.S. publicly listed MPS Group International, the private equity-backed HB Healthcare Group, and U.S. publicly listed Hudson Global Resources Limited.
“On behalf of the board and everyone within Norman Broadbent, I’m delighted to welcome Will to Norman Broadbent at such an exciting point in our journey,” said Mike Brennan, group CEO. “With over 10 years’ experience within our sector, Will brings a significant amount of expertise to the firm, and we look forward to him joining our senior leadership team.”
Norman Broadbent provides talent acquisition and advisory services to clients that range from established corporations to high-growth innovators. Its services include board and executive search, interim management, research & insight, leadership consulting & assessment and executive-level recruitment solutions.
Recruiter Rankings: London Top 60
London’s need for talent has transformed it into the second largest executive search market in the world after New York. Hunt Scanlon has selected the most prominent leadership solutions providers in this dynamic marketplace, settling on 60 of the most influential and innovative.
Dr. Paul Aldrich was recently named managing director of financial services within the firm’s executive search practice. And Gary Browning was appointed strategic adviser to the group CEO and PLC board.
Dr. Aldrich has search experience of more than 20 years, working for boutiques and large global firms. He has covered banking, asset and wealth management, and insurance across EMEA, APAC and the U.S. Dr. Aldrich has led searches for executives to run significant business divisions as well as executive management in risk, compliance, audit, finance, human resource management and technology, where he has examined the talent impact of emergent technology and the future of work.
Mr. Browning’s role, meanwhile, will be to provide advice and support in strategic opportunities, market and competitive developments and to assist in the execution of Norman Broadbent’s growth plan. He brings two decades of relevant sector experience to the firm. In 2002, Mr. Browning joined Penna Consulting, the international human resources consulting group. He was chief executive from 2005 to 2016, when the business was sold to ADECCO S.A.
- Neil Pilkington joined the firm’s TMT & digital practice to specialize in the CTO/ CIO market. During his 20 year search career, Mr. Pilkington has handled assignments across insurance, construction, FMCG, retail, infrastructure, biotech, supply chain/logistics, retail financial services, transport and the public sector. Previously, he was a principal consultant with Harvey Nash.
- Jonathan Stringer joined Norman Broadbent interim management as a director specializing in the finance function. During his 18-year career, Mr. Stringer has delivered multiple interim assignments across a broad range of industries globally. Most recently, he was an associate partner with Eton Bridge.
- Andy Haldenby also joined the firm’s interim management in a business development role, working closely with the team and wider business to help identify new interim assignments. Over the past 20 years, Mr. Haldenby has built and run executive recruitment teams working with clients across the public and private sectors. He formerly served as a regional director with Hudson Global.
- Tony Vickers joined Norman Broadbent Solutions as its retail and consumer head of practice. During his 15-year search career, Mr. Vickers has worked on behalf of numerous established and high-growth retail brands across all key disciplines at the mid- to senior-level and has a particular expertise in fashion and luxury brands. He previously served as senior executive search consultant with Carmichael Fisher.
- Phillippa Dunlop, meanwhile, joined Norman Broadbent’s Research & Insight team, and will support the firm’s expanding TMT and digital practice. During the course of her 17-year career in research and search, Ms. Dunlop has delivered multiple executive search assignments for a range of clients, from large corporates through to smaller entrepreneurial businesses.
Contributed by Scott A. Scanlon, Editor-in-Chief; Dale M. Zupsansky, Managing Editor; Stephen Sawicki, Managing Editor; and Will Schatz, Managing Editor – Hunt Scanlon Media