April 27, 2016 – U.K.-headquartered executive recruiter Norman Broadbent has appointed Mike Brennan (pictured) as group chief executive officer. Current executive chairman, Scanes Bentley, will revert to the non-executive chairman role with immediate effect.
Mr. Brennan brings a wealth of experience built up over 20 years within the global executive recruitment market and more recently the broader recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) market. He also brings significant market and entrepreneurial experience to the firm.
He previously served as director and global client partner / global head of executive talent & competitive intelligence at Alexander Mann Solutions. He also co-founded and served as CEO of Human Capital Resources.
Having started his first business at 27 with investor backing from Alexander Mann, Mr. Brennan was involved in its subsequent sale to private equity firm Advent International. He then went on to start a sister business in Hong Kong before returning to London as CEO of the combined Alexander Mann global executive search businesses. Having repositioned the business he led its sale to a U.K. Plc on behalf of Advent / Alexander Mann.
“The board and I are delighted with the appointment of Mike as group chief executive officer,” said Mr. Bentley. “He brings a wealth of experience with him and this appointment is a great start to an exciting period of expansion for the Norman Broadbent Group.”
London: Global Crossroads for Talent Acquisition
London is under pressure as a premier talent destination to attract the best workers that will drive business forward. This report dissects the problem, interviews and ranks the recruiters involved in solving it, and offers stunning predictions.
Norman Broadbent is a human capital consulting firm which provides a broad range of people solutions. Its specialties include board and executive search, board assessment and leadership consulting, interim management, as well as coaching and mentoring services.
Headquartered in London, the firm operates through independently managed and separately branded businesses across a network of offices in Europe and America.
Norman Broadbent recently lost its former president Sally Drexler to Odgers Berndtson. She served as president of Norman Broadbent USA, where she established its U.S. subsidiary.
A number of other executive search firms have named new leaders in recent months, including:
- U.K.-based executive search firm Morgan Hunt recently appointed Sue Cooper as its new CEO. She joined Morgan Hunt as a director in 2011 leading the firm’s education, health and community services practices;
- ZRG Partners recently established a footprint in Brazil with the addition of Denys Monteiro as CEO. Mr. Monteiro previously served as CEO of Fesa, Brazil’s largest independent executive search firm where he worked for 18 years;
- Georgia-based executive search firm Myers McRae Executive Search and Consulting named Alan G. Medders Ph.D. as its new president. Dr. Medders has had a distinguished career in higher education and foundation administration, fundraising, planned giving, marketing, communications, and fiduciary and asset management. Most recently, he was with Columbus State University where he served as VP for university advancement and executive director of the CSU Foundation;
- Sucherman Group, an executive search firm dedicated to finding leaders in the media and entertainment space, tapped Jamie Waldron as its new president. With more than two decades of West Coast leadership, Mr. Waldron has placed dozens of senior level executives at top media companies within the entertainment and social media sectors. He previously served as president of Team Entertainment Group;
- Horton International – North America, a principal partner of Horton International, recently named Joshua Hollander as president and CEO. He assumed the top post from managing partners Larry Brown and Bob Gilchrist, who will both remain with the firm. Most recently, he was VP of sales and marketing for William Raveis Mortgage.
Contributed by Dale M. Zupsansky, Managing Editor, Hunt Scanlon Media