June 23, 2016 – Executive search firm Lochlin Partners has placed Ania Mikson as senior vice president and chief human resources officer (CHRO) for Philadelphia-based Franklin Square Capital Partners.
In her new role, Ms. Mikson will design and deploy innovative and impactful education, performance, recruiting, compensation and benefits programs that will drive growth, change, adaptability and improvement.
She joins Franklin Square after serving in the top human resources role at Delaware Investments since 2008. She also served in various HR roles with Lincoln Financial Group and CIGNA.
Franklin Square is a leading manager of alternative investment funds designed to enhance investors’ portfolios by providing access to asset classes, strategies and asset managers that typically have been available to only the largest institutional investors. The firm’s funds offer “endowment-style” investment strategies that help construct diversified portfolios and manage risk.
Lochlin Partners, based in the Washington, D.C., area, conducts searches for board and executive level positions within government & corporate affairs, government contracting, technology & services, higher education, the public sector, financial services, and healthcare.
“CHROs have become critical stakeholders in defining the strategy of a company, and they are expected to tackle the HR challenges and evolving expectations of a dynamic workplace environment that will consist of constant change, calculated risk taking and evolving expectations from top stakeholders,” said Neil Shastri, leader for global insights & innovation at Aon Hewitt. “Those well-equipped to achieve the greatest success will have diverse skill sets, be adaptable and agile, and gain hands-on learning from working through real life situations and acquiring knowledge across disciplines and industries.”
Hunt Scanlon has reported on several executive search firms placing CHROs in recent months. Here’s a sampling of just a few:
- Hanold Associates recruited Gaurav Sehgal as CHRO at Denver-based Fortis Private Bank. Mr. Sehgal was previously with Mariano’s (Roundy’s Supermarkets) where he was vice president of human resources and responsible for all HR processes in the Chicago market. The firm also recruited Barbara Bolender as CHRO for the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA). Founder Jason Hanold led the search;
- accelHRate placed Susan Balaguer as senior vice president and CHRO of Engility Holdings, Inc. Kimberly Shanahan, accelHRate founding president and CEO, led the search along with vice president Kelly McPherson;
- Allegis Partners placed Tami Polmanteer as CHRO for Aleris Corporation. Mike Bergen, managing partner & global practice leader (human resources), Matt Healey, managing director, and senior associate Laura Pyne, led the search for Allegis;
- The J. Gregory Coleman Group LLC recruited Tom Taborek to lead HR for NLMK Group in the U.S. The search was conducted by Greg Coleman, managing principal, along with principal MaryAnne Denniston;
- DHR International placed Tom Lynch as CHRO of PPL Corporation. The search was conducted by Jerry McGrath,managing partner of the firm’s global human resources practice, along with Joe Huddle, its industrial practice managing partner, and senior associate Christine Pasieka.
Contributed by Dale M. Zupsansky, Managing Editor, Hunt Scanlon Media