April 4, 2017 – Executive search firm ALSpective has expanded with the addition Debray Sandelin as a partner and advisor. Her appointment reinforces the development of the firm’s leadership consulting business, including the launch of the first ALSpective Executive Assessment Center.
With 12 years of experience in career coaching, with a strong focus in the distribution and consumer products sector, Ms. Sandelin brings new prospects to companies and managers. She has extensive knowledge of individual and collective coaching as well as performance analysis and group dynamics. She has been career team leader at ESSEC Business School for the last five years and before that she served as a consultant with ESSEC Alumni.
Aligning Leadership and Strategy
“This is an indispensable step and complementary to the formidable prospects brought by our historical headhunting activity, while seeking out talent outside the firm,” said Albert Hiribarrondo, founder of ALSpective.
“All companies are today challenged by the questioning of their economic models and their capacity for sustainable mobilization of employees. The expertise of Debray Sandelin, the strengthening of our leadership practice, and the know-how to engage teams on transformation projects make these collective changes a successful individual transformation for each employee.” Founded in 2015, ALSpective helps CEOs and their companies align leadership and strategy.
Last year, ALSpective teamed with executive search firms Alderbrooke and Talengo to launch The Global Community for Leaders (TGCL), an integrated organization for clients looking for global solutions. TGCL combines the expertise of each firm to explore new assessment techniques, champion the use of the latest technologies and promote best practice in search, culture and talent management.
Over the past year, Hunt Scanlon Media has reported on several search firms expanding their leadership consulting service businesses:
- Morgan Samuels acquired human capital consulting firm Delivery Point Advisors. The company offers a spectrum of solutions designed to help clients unlock potential from their people, including executive assessment & development; high performance team building; functional assessment & roadmap design; organization design; change management; and restructuring, M&A and integration advisory services.
- Caldwell Partners recently formed a partnership with Caliper, a research-based talent management consulting firm focused on assessment and leadership development. The agreement will integrate Caliper’s assessment and onboarding services into Caldwell Partners’ research-based executive search process in Canada. CEO John Wallace said that competency assessments performed by the firm’s partners “remain the most valuable aspect of our service,” and give them a “distinct advantage” in the marketplace.
- Heidrick & Struggles acquired Philosophy IB, a leadership consultant based in Florham Park, NJ. Philosophy IB was established in 2000 by founding partners Christine Lotze and Kaveh Naficy and today serves Fortune 100 companies focused on assisting clients execute their strategies by changing how people work. Heidrick also acquired Decision Strategies International (DSI), a Philadelphia-based strategy and leadership advisory firm. Founded in 1990 by Paul Schoemaker, DSI has advised some of the world’s best-known organizations; it specializes in strategic planning and decision making in uncertain operating environments, leadership development, and talent strategy.
- Russell Reynolds Associates acquired Norway-based leadership consulting and executive search firm Amrop AS. According to the firm, client demand for an expanded Nordic hub has grown, as Scandinavian markets have taken leading positions in global industries, including energy, aquaculture and shipping. Norwegian funds in the region have also become increasingly significant investors and have pioneered best practice boardroom governance and diversity – setting the benchmark for companies worldwide.
- Alder Koten acquired OCE Consulting, a Houston-based management consulting firm. OCE Consulting focuses on helping clients achieve successful deployment of their business strategies, through culture deployment and the effective application of change management techniques. The firm’s list of clients includes a wide array of companies in different industries and regions of the world – including industrial conglomerates, manufacturers, energy companies, and financial institutions.
- Executive recruiter Ryan Search & Consulting added Ken Smithmier as a senior consultant to focus on strengthening its leadership talent development offering. The expansion allows the firm to offer a broader range of services to its client base.
Contributed by Dale M. Zupsansky, Managing Editor, Hunt Scanlon Media