April 19, 2017 – Simione Healthcare Consultants has acquired Exact Recruiting Solutions, an executive search firm dedicated to the home care and hospice industry. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. The agreement combines two leading organizations with more than 60 years of experience in business consulting and healthcare recruitment to benefit agencies and corporations providing home care, hospice, palliative care, and other community-based services.
Both organizations have collaborated extensively over the last decade to support home care and hospice providers achieve a higher level of quality, efficiency and financial performance.
“We are pleased to welcome the Exact Recruiting team to Simione,” said William J. Simione, managing principal. “They have a single focus to provide the right talent for home care and hospice, and have become the leading recruiter in today’s increasingly competitive home care and hospice marketplace.”
“Simione’s consulting team understands the critical roles that leadership and recruitment play in helping clients develop effective strategies to achieve more, and this partnership will provide a bridge to blend staffing and consulting solutions for maximum client benefit,” Mr. Simione added. “Our teams have much in common, including vast industry experience and an extensive network of contacts to connect providers with the human resources and business tools necessary for success.”
Why Integrate Now
“The integration provides opportunities to accelerate growth and the high level of service that have been a hallmark of Exact Recruiting’s efforts for home care and hospice for the last 12 years,” said Eric Scharber, president and founder of Exact Recruiting. “We share a national presence with Simione, serving many of the same organizations, and have similar goals to help clients find the right people and develop teams to support agency growth,” he added. “We also share Simione’s passion for excellence and understand the challenges that home care and hospice providers face with regulation, staffing availability, and quality management.”
Mr. Scharber will serve as a principal at Simione, leading all recruitment and executive search activities. The arrangement adds Florida as the fourth location for Simione operations, along with headquarters in Connecticut, and offices in Massachusetts and California.
Since its inception in 2005, Exact Recruiting has grown to service clients across the U.S., placing more than 1,300 professionals to date with services that include executive search, interim management, recruitment process outsourcing, compensation analysis, and employee satisfaction surveys to assist home care and hospice in managing human resources. It seeks candidates for positions in executive leadership, regional and area leadership, agency and clinical management, and middle management and supervisory roles, as well as field clinicians and sales and marketing professionals.
Founded in 1966, Simione Healthcare Consultants embodies a diverse group of business talent across the U.S. to provide accessible, cost-effective business solutions for the home health and hospice organizations. Key areas of expertise include operations, compliance and risk, finance, sales and marketing, cost reporting, information technology, and mergers and acquisitions.
High Growth Sector for Recruiters
Healthcare is among the most rapidly growing employment fields, according to analysts at Hunt Scanlon Media, which tracks trends in the executive search and leadership solutions space.
According to the most recent U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics report, healthcare employment added (+14,000) during the month, with job gains in hospitals (+9,000) and outpatient care centers (+6,000). In the first three months of this year, healthcare added an average of 20,000 jobs per month, compared with an average monthly gain of 32,000 in 2016.
A growing number of executive search firms have been creating new practices to address client’s expanding talent needs within the healthcare sector. Here’s a look at some recent news taken from the Hunt Scanlon archives.
- Talengo appointed Rosa García-Tizón as director of its healthcare recruiting practice. She brings to Talengo a professional career spanning more than 20 years. Ms. García-Tizón has worked in sales, marketing, human resources, operations, legal, institutional relations and business development. In addition to this experience, she is also a board member of listed and privately held companies.
- DHR International named Scott Sette as North American leader of the firm’s healthcare services & solutions practice. Since joining DHR in 2014, Mr. Sette has been a leader in the practice, filling key executive level positions at prestigious healthcare organizations across the country, as well as collaborating with fellow DHR partners to bring a ‘best team’ approach to his clients. Mr. Sette specializes in senior level executive searches for integrated health systems, academic medical centers, children’s hospitals, and large physician group practices.
- Gatti & Associates launched a new healthcare recruiting practice. Senior vice president Richard Fleming was appointed practice leader. Mr. Fleming brings 25 years of HR search and leadership experience to the role. In addition to leading the firm’s healthcare practice, he will continue servicing clients within life sciences, consumer products and technology based organizations. Mr. Fleming previously worked for three years in executive search with Kenzer Corporation, a New York-based recruitment provider servicing the retail and financial services industries.
- Horton International – North America, a principal partner of Horton International, named James D. Utterback as managing director in the firm’s healthcare and life sciences practice. He focuses within the healthcare information technology and services sectors. Throughout his 30-year career in operating CEO roles, human capital and executive search, Mr. Utterback has accumulated leadership experience in multiple sectors, including diagnostic imaging, healthcare technology, pharmaceuticals, contract research organizations, hospitals, medical devices and wearables as well as private equity consulting.
- Futurestep launched a dedicated healthcare technology & services practice. It will bring broad capabilities and expertise across the entire health tech market, serving payors, providers and healthcare technology companies. Jessica Johnson was been named the sector’s leader. Futurestep also launched a new academic healthcare practice. Sarah Taylor, a member of Korn Ferry’s academic healthcare practice, has been named managing consultant.
- Diversified Search appointed Martha Hauser as leader of its healthcare practice. Ms. Hauser is a well-known thought leader with more than two decades of experience recruiting leaders in healthcare and higher education across the country. Her clients include some of the country’s most prestigious hospitals, healthcare systems, academic medical centers, and service providers in the field, a list that includes Beaumont Health, Emory Healthcare, and the East Carolina School of Medicine, among others. Diversified Search also acquired San Francisco-based BioQuest, a recruiting boutique specialist serving healthcare innovators in the life sciences market. Under terms of its acquisition agreement, BioQuest will operate as an independent, wholly-owned subsidiary within Diversified Search.
Contributed by Dale M. Zupsansky, Managing Editor, Hunt Scanlon Media