November 30, 2020 – Thirteen new independent recruitment firms joined member-owned recruitment network NPAworldwide in the U.S., Australia, Canada and Vietnam.. These search outfits seek to increase revenue through NPAworldwide’s cooperative placement model. NPA now has 550 member offices across six continents.
“Congratulations to each of our new members,” said Dave Nerz, president of NPAworldwide. “By joining the network, these recruitment firms have the ability to increase their capacity for serving both clients and candidates. Membership in NPAworldwide allows independent recruitment agencies to boost revenue and grow their firms by partnering with other members on a split-fee basis.”\
New Member Firms
- Richard Lloyd Recruitment, located in Sydney, Australia, specializes in placing accountants.
- Get Hired Now Programs, headquartered in Los Angeles, is a recruiting firm whose areas of focus include accounting/financial services, biomedical/pharmaceutical/medical device, engineering/operations/manufacturing, fintech, healthcare and technology.
- Pedagog, based in Indianapolis, IN, has recruitment expertise in the areas of accounting/financial services, agribusiness, apparel/textile/retail, banking, biomedical/pharmaceutical/medical device, chemical process, cross-industry functions, engineering/operations/manufacturing, fintech, healthcare, technology.
- Dion Consult, located in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, has a focus on executive search in the areas of services, FMCG, industrial, finance and banking, and IT.
- Aledium LLC, based in Tampa, FL, is a full-service retained and contingency recruiting firm specializing in the sourcing, screening, and selection of qualified professionals for telehealth, healthcare IT and healthcare support roles.
- Building Careers Pty Ltd TA Construction Careers, headquartered in Sydney, Australia, focuses on professional recruiting for the manufacturing niche.
- TechRecruiterPro, located in Ogden, UT, specializes in software engineering and development recruiting.
- Tanner Menzies, based in Sydney, Australia, focuses on placing sales and marketing professionals in director to mid-management roles across channels such as grocery, foodservice, convenience, mass, department stores, OTC Pharmaceutical, liquor, wine, consumer electronics and consumer goods.
- Talent Acquisition Advisory LLC, headquartered in Soldotna, AK, is an executive global search firm working mainly with discipline engineers across heavy industry, energy, mining, and oil and gas.
- Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions, located in Ontario, Canada, is a recruiting firm specializing in healthcare, financial services, not-for-profit and manufacturing.
- Lowry Personnel Service, based in Columbus, OH, is a specialty recruiting firm for the engineering/operations/manufacturing sectors.
- Sunrise Consultant Company Inc., located in Tampa, FL, is a recruiting firm with an area of focus in the life sciences industry, including biotech, CRO, pharmaceutical and digital health companies.
- Saatchi and Associates LLC, headquartered in Atlanta, GA, is a recruiting firm with specialties that include diversity recruitment and recruitment in consumer electronics, aerospace, defense and healthcare.
Dave Nerz on Networking During a Pandemic
Mr. Nerz said that in many instances recruiters are likely to be more relaxed and approachable during the current pandemic. “While not universally true, the quantity of jobs recruiters are trying to fill is down, so they have more time to learn and talk to candidates and hiring managers,” he said. “As evidence of this, our NPAworldwide network has seen a fourfold increase in attendance for training webinars. Some of this is due to reduced industry activity and some is due to increased available hours based on reduced work assignments, the productivity of working from home and even reduced commutes.”
When engaging with a recruiter to network, job seekers should be realistic. “Recruiters get paid a fee to place top talent in jobs where they are certain a candidate can do well,” said Mr. Nerz. “Recruiters are not interested in moving accountants into sales management roles or taking administrators and presenting them for leadership roles.”
Small steps forward are likely and possible but the more your existing experience matches the new job, the more likely a recruiter can help you. “Be honest about what you want and do not want,” said Mr. Nerz. “Be honest about places you would relocate and places you will never consider. If you have a partner with veto power on your next career move, get that on the table early. The more info you can share about your must-haves, wishes and realities, the better a recruiter can work on your behalf to deliver.”
“The pandemic may create some comfort and ease for connection and conversation that did not exist prior to our current reality,” said Mr. Nerz. “For the most part, things are not different; however, you may both be able to talk more freely as neither of you are in cubicles with co-workers listening or likely to interrupt the conversation.”
Contributed by Scott A. Scanlon, Editor-in-Chief; Dale M. Zupsansky, Managing Editor; and Stephen Sawicki, Managing Editor – Hunt Scanlon Media