January 10, 2017 – Executive recruiters Capital Search Group has appointed Jill Carey as a partner. With over 25 years of experience helping clients find talent for accounting and finance roles, Ms. Carey has developed an extensive network of client relationships in multiple industries in the Washington, D.C., metro area. Previously, she founded and led accounting and financial services executive search at Pinnacle Companies for nearly 20 years.
“I am excited to join the Capital Search team and glad to reunite with Ray Rice, Ken Logue and Lou DelRiego,” said Ms. Carey. “Capital Search has a talented team of recruiters that work seamlessly for the benefit of clients and candidates.”
“Jill is a perfect addition to our team at Capital Search and I am delighted to be working with her again,” said Mr. DelRiego. “Jill brings a positive energy and has a loyal book of business. Simply put, her clients love working with Jill. Further, we recently added Mark Fields to our team and are looking to hire more recruiters to support our volume business.” Mr. Fields has previously served in controller and CFO roles for a handful of companies, including Neuralstem; PharmAthene; Emergent; Carey International; V-One Corporation; and Access Beyond.
Expansions to Washington, D.C.
Capital Search Group is a boutique executive search firm serving the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area and specializing in accounting, finance, human resources, operations, and C-level talent. Its client base ranges from multinational publicly traded corporations to early stage VC funded companies in all industries.
Washington, D.C., is the fourth-largest metropolitan economy in the U.S. Many organizations such as law firms, independent contractors (both defense and civilian), non-profit organizations, lobbying firms, trade unions, industry trade groups, and professional associations have their headquarters in or near D.C. to be close to the Federal government.
A number of executive search firms have sensed the opportunity and expanded in the area in recent months. Here’s look at a few from the Hunt-Scanlon archives:
- Washington, D.C.-based executive search firm Cordia Resources tapped Marc Zeid to serve as an executive search director and a senior member of the firm’s management team. With over 20 years of experience helping clients find talent for accounting and finance roles, Mr. Zeid most recently, he served as a partner at Capital Search Group, where he specialized in accounting and finance placements.
- Isaacson, Miller named Ericka Miller as a vice president and partner in its Washington, D.C., office. An expert in K-12 education and education policy, Dr. Miller most recently served as chief of membership, governance, and higher education at The College Board.
- Executive search firm Vetted Solutions added Nancy Green as vice president in its Washington, D.C., office. In her role, Ms. Green is expanding the firm’s activities in the areas of succession planning, interim executive appointments, onboarding, and leadership development.
- Odgers Berndtson named Allen Reed as a partner in Washington, D.C. He specializes in senior functional and general management roles, including at the C-suite and board level. Prior to joining Odgers, Mr. Reed founded Reed & Associates, an executive search firm serving healthcare and life sciences clients.
- Centerstone Executive Search & Consulting opened a new Washington, D.C., office serving Fortune 500 and mid-market companies in the consumer products and services sector. “As we continue to grow our national footprint, Washington, D.C., is an area of focus for us with its fertile landscape of businesses that operate in the consumer sector,” said Centerstone CEO Dr. Kim Villeneuve.
Contributed by Dale M. Zupsansky, Managing Editor, Hunt Scanlon Media