January 3, 2022 – The Moran Company, an executive recruitment firm that specializes in the non-profit sector, has been called in to help find the next chief executive officer for Together Women Rise in Greensville, SC. Senior search consultant Becky Hauk is leading the assignment. The search firm is seeking a CEO who has a commitment to achieving global gender equality for women and girls. The CEO will provide strategic and inspirational leadership to a 5,500 plus member organization of volunteers, donors, staff and grant recipients. This individual will strengthen the impact of Together Women Rise through fundraising and development of varied revenue streams as well as assisting in growing membership and establishing meaningful connections with diverse chapters across the U.S.
The Moran Company is looking for candidates with a passion for critical issues facing women and girls globally. Candidates should have non-profit fundraising experience including cultivation and stewardship of major donors, annual fund, planned giving, grant writing, foundation, corporate support and diversified revenue streams.
- Knowledge of international development and gender equity issues.
- Strong commitment to fostering an organization that is inclusive, diverse and open to all people.
- Strong commitment to global gender equality for women and girls.
- Excellent organizational and team management skills.
- The experience and ability to be an articulate spokesperson, relationship builder and organization champion.
- An astute manager who can set clear priorities, delegate, invest in people and systems, solve problems and make timely decisions.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- The vision and strategic thinking to perceive opportunities for growth.
- Ability to provide thought leadership in developing a strategic future with a process that engages multiple stakeholders.
- The ability to acknowledge and respect diverse opinions while prioritizing those that support the mission and work of Together Women Rise.
- Excellent coalition building/partnership skills.
- Ability to successfully manage conflict and adversity.
- Entrepreneurial spirit – actively seeks new opportunities.
Together Women Rise is a non-profit organization dedicated to achieving global gender equality. It is a community of over 5,500 women focused in three core areas: Learning: in monthly chapter meetings across the country and national online events. Giving: grants for organizations empowering women in low-income countries and long-term partnerships for systemic change, and Community Building: connecting members and grantees for their common goal.
The Moran Company, based in Leawood, KS, specializes in searches for non-profit leadership, including executive directors, fundraising/development directors, hospital foundation directors and other senior executives.
Bill Moran founded the search firm in 1996. He has worked on more than 60 non-profit searches over the past 12 years. He has spent another 10 years as senior fundraising staff and 12 years as a fundraising consultant serving more than 100 clients.
For 17 years, Ms. Hauk worked as a development professional in higher education at the University of Missouri-St. Louis, Washington University in St. Louis and Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. She has experience in planning and executing capital campaigns and other fundraising initiatives. She has helped non-profit organizations achieve their goals for over 30 years. Ms. Hauk began her career as an elementary school teacher working with students with learning disabilities. Her volunteer involvement with the St. Louis Symphony Volunteer Association and the Junior League of St. Louis introduced her to the world of fundraising.
Contributed by Scott A. Scanlon, Editor-in-Chief; Dale M. Zupsansky, Managing Editor; and Stephen Sawicki, Managing Editor – Hunt Scanlon Media