June 19, 2017 – Search firms have seen a number of top leadership appointments since the start of the year, many focused on strategy, growth, branding efforts and operations. The latest: San-Francisco-headquartered executive search firm O’Rourke & Associates has appointed Rebecca Bower as president. Ms. Bower is widely regarded as a top leadership advisor with a career that spans nearly 25 years in human resources, management, training and sales.
For over a decade, Ms. Bower served in a leadership role with Boeing Employees Credit Union, the largest financial cooperative in Washington. Most recently, she was senior human resources executive at Bloomingdale’s. She was accountable for financial metrics, customer loyalty, staff engagement and the development of talent in support of a staff and executive population of more than 500.
“Our business philosophies are strongly aligned and we share a common vision for the company,” said Bridget O’Rourke, executive director. “Rebecca has demonstrated leadership aptitude throughout her career and brings to the position considerable business expertise. I am confident she will guide our business to new heights in keeping with our 30-year legacy of service to credit unions.”
Ms. Bower said O’Rourke & Associates has a wealth of services to help clients move forward. “We are extremely well positioned to provide a complete portfolio of talent solutions that are customized to the needs of our client,” she said. “Our investment in deep relationships and connections within our industry offers our clients a large pool of uniquely qualified talent.”
O’Rourke & Associates specializes in credit union industry recruiting. The firm offers expertise in CEO & executive recruitment, succession planning & leadership assessment, human resource consulting, compensation & retention analysis, coaching and leadership development.
The firm continues to recruit senior leadership throughout the sector, including tapping CEOs for Firstmark Credit Union, California Bear Credit Union, Silver State Schools Credit Union, Nassau Financial Federal Credit Union, Chartway Federal Credit Union, Land of Lincoln Credit Union, Tampa Bay Federal Credit Union, and Rainbow Federal Credit Union, among a host of others.
Select the Right Search Firm
Find out why CHROs and talent acquisition leaders turn to Hunt Scanlon’s Industry Media Center for the latest news and updates on executive search firms around the globe. Become a new member today.
Leadership Appointments Rising Across the Sector
Leadership appointments have been gaining traction at executive search firms since the start of the year. Here’s a look at several taken from the Hunt Scanlon Media archives:
- Ratliff & Taylor appointed Beth Sweeney as its president, where she now has full profit-and-loss responsibility for each of the company’s three practices: executive search, leadership development and career transition. Ms. Sweeney previously served as market president at the firm.
- Executive search firm Cobalt Recruitment tapped James Wakefield as its CEO. Mr. Wakefield joined Cobalt in 2007 coming from the management team at Michael Page in London.
- Witt/Kieffer named Andrew P. Chastain as its new CEO taking over from Charles “Chuck” W.B. Wardell who remains a senior advisor to the firm. Mr. Chastain has been with the firm since 1997 and currently serves as managing partner and chairman of its healthcare practice.
- McDermott & Bull appointed Brandon Biegenzahn as its new president. Mr. Biegenzahn has been one of the top producers at McDermott & Bull for several years and leads the firm’s financial institutions practice.
- SRiCheyenne named Jay Hussey as CEO. Chief executive and founder, Pat Mastandrea, has moved into a new role at the firm as vice chairman. He joined SRiCheyenne from Odgers Berndston where he led the firm’s U.S. technology and digital transformation practices.
- Legal search firm Major, Lindsey & Africa (MLA) and executive search firm Allegis Partners named John Cashman as president. Since joining Major, Lindsey & Africa in 2005, Mr. Cashman has risen through the ranks as a recruiter, manager and leader.
- Eric Salmon & Partners announced that its long-standing president, Massimo Milletti, has handed over management of the search firm to two partners who will co-head the partnership. Sophie Wigniolle from the firm’s Paris office will lead together with Raoul Nacke, a managing director in Frankfurt. Ms. Wigniolle has been working for Eric Salmon since 1998 while Mr. Nacke has been with the firm since 2008.
- JR Partners named Josh Gonnella as president and senior managing partner. He joins founding partner and chief operating officer Joe Wein to lead the organization. He brings experience and a diverse career in financial services to the firm. Prior to accepting his new position, he held senior managing director roles at Lloyds Bank.
- Snodgrass Partners recently announced that Tom Jacobs will transition from sports recruitment partner to president. Founder Steve Snodgrass, who previously served as president and chief executive officer, will remain CEO. Mr. Jacobs joined Snodgrass Partners last year to lead the firm’s new sports division.
Contributed by Scott A. Scanlon, Editor-in-Chief; Dale M. Zupsansky, Managing Editor; Stephen Sawicki, Managing Editor; and Chase Barbe, Managing Editor – Hunt Scanlon Media