May 22, 2020 – Thirteen independent recruitment firms joined member-owned recruitment network NPAworldwide during recent months. These search outfits seek to increase revenue through NPAworldwide’s cooperative placement model. NPA now has 550 member offices across six continents.
“Congratulations to each of our new members,” said Dave Nerz, president of NPAworldwide. “By joining the network, these recruitment firms have the ability to increase their capacity for serving both clients and candidates. Membership in NPAworldwide allows independent recruitment agencies to boost revenue and grow their firms by partnering with other members on a split-fee basis.”
New Member Firms
- Proconnx, located in Racine, WI, specializes in sourcing permanent and temporary talent for the healthcare, accounting and finance, engineering and architecture, and manufacturing industries throughout the U.S.
- HK Tech, headquartered in Salt Lake City, UT, was founded in 2003 and is focused on IT recruiting and staffing services.
- JobsRnR, based in Kowloon, Hong Kong, is focused on the banking, finance, information technology and engineering sectors.
- Clark Executive Ltd, based in Dublin, Ireland, concentrates on permanent, temporary and contract positions across five specialist divisions: office and HR, accountancy and finance, sales and marketing, operations, and executive.
- Reed Recruits, located in Houston, TX, specialties include administrative, accounting and finance, human resources, legal, sales and marketing, skilled trades, and technology.
- MilSpec Talent, headquartered in Fort Bragg, NC, is a national search firm that matches exceptional veteran talent into critical management positions.
- Gruen Search Consultants Inc., based in Greenfield, IL, is a recruitment specialist firm in the fashion/retail sector.
- Arisoft Group, located in Toronto, specializes in placing permanent and contract employees into the information technology, manufacturing, telco, social media and agricultural industries.
- Adilstone Group, headquartered in Atlanta, is a recruiting firm with areas of focus that include healthcare, utilities, mining, manufacturing, and education.
- Jon Fisher & Partners, based in London, specializes in finance and technology.
- Volar Advisory, headquartered in Denver, is a search firm specializing in finance, including asset management, investment banking, alternatives, equity, fixed income and quantitative.
- The Drescher Group, based in St. Louis, is a search firm with a primary focus on apparel and home furnishings.
- Phoenix Resourcing Group, located in Washington, D.C., is a recruiting firm whose areas of focus include administrative support, cleared resources, legal support, human resources, information technology and healthcare.
Dave Nerz on Networking During a Pandemic
Mr. Nerz said that in many instances recruiters are likely to be more relaxed and approachable during the current pandemic. “While not universally true, the quantity of jobs recruiters are trying to fill is down, so they have more time to learn and talk to candidates and hiring managers,” he said. “As evidence of this, our NPAworldwide network has seen a fourfold increase in attendance for training webinars. Some of this is due to reduced industry activity and some is due to increased available hours based on reduced work assignments, the productivity of working from home and even reduced commutes.”
When engaging with a recruiter to network, job seekers should be realistic. “Recruiters get paid a fee to place top talent in jobs where they are certain a candidate can do well,” said Mr. Nerz. “Recruiters are not interested in moving accountants into sales management roles or taking administrators and presenting them for leadership roles.”
Small steps forward are likely and possible but the more your existing experience matches the new job, the more likely a recruiter can help you. “Be honest about what you want and do not want,” said Mr. Nerz. “Be honest about places you would relocate and places you will never consider. If you have a partner with veto power on your next career move, get that on the table early. The more info you can share about your must-haves, wishes and realities, the better a recruiter can work on your behalf to deliver.”
“The pandemic may create some comfort and ease for connection and conversation that did not exist prior to our current reality,” said Mr. Nerz. “For the most part, things are not different; however, you may both be able to talk more freely as neither of you are in cubicles with co-workers listening or likely to interrupt the conversation.”
Contributed by Scott A. Scanlon, Editor-in-Chief; Dale M. Zupsansky, Managing Editor; and Stephen Sawicki, Managing Editor – Hunt Scanlon Media