August 14, 2019 – Executive search, leadership consulting and culture shaping services provider Heidrick & Struggles has added 18 new partners and principals to its executive search and Heidrick Consulting businesses in the Americas, Asia Pacific and Europe.
“We continue to expand our executive search and Heidrick Consulting businesses globally with consultants who bring diverse industry expertise and strong client relationships to the firm,” said Krishnan Rajagopalan, president and CEO of Heidrick. “We look forward to their contributions to delivering a premier client experience and driving growth across the firm.”
- Herve Pluche joined Heidrick Consulting as a partner in San Francisco, specializing in digital innovation and digital acceleration within established organizations. Prior to joining Heidrick, Mr. Pluche was a partner at Advantary LLC where he led clients on the path to exponential revenue growth through digital innovation.
- Sonya Som joined as a partner in Chicago focusing on diversity advisory services, providing guidance and support, both to Heidrick & Struggles internally and its corporate clients, on strengthening organizations’ culture of diversity and inclusion. Previously, Ms. Som was a partner at Major, Lindsay & Africa. For nearly a decade, she was integrally involved with various areas of recruiting within the legal field including advising organizations on their legal recruiting needs with an emphasis on diversity and inclusion, sourcing candidates, career counseling, business development and marketing.
- William Bown joined the financial services practice as a principal in Hong Kong, advising institutional, corporate and commercial banking clients across Asia Pacific on effective leadership, performance culture and succession planning. Mr. Bown was previously managing director at Sheffield Haworth, where he worked for more than a decade. Located in Hong Kong, Mr. Bown focused on assignments in investment banking, corporate banking, structured finance, and capital markets and had numerous successes involving the placement of senior executives across Asia Pacific.
- Michelle Dunne joined the financial services practice as a partner in Sydney, focusing on finance leadership and board appointments in the financial services industry across Asia Pacific. Ms. Dunne previously worked in the CFO and finance leadership practice at Odgers & Berndtson in Sydney.
- Kay Yong Tan joined Heidrick Consulting as a principal in Singapore, focusing on accelerating organizations, driving strategy formulation and operational excellence. Prior to joining Heidrick & Struggles, Mr. Tan served in various senior executive roles during his 30-year career with GSK.
- Michael Thomas joined the industrial practice as a partner in Melbourne, where he leads the global agribusiness practice and brings 25 years of international search experience across agribusiness and other diverse industry sectors. Mr. Thomas previously led the industrial practice in Australia and New Zealand for Spencer Stuart.
- Chiara Berlendi joined the consumer markets practice as a principal in Milan, specializing in senior management searches in the fashion and luxury industries with a focus on sales, marketing and human resources roles. Prior to joining Heidrick & Struggles, Ms. Berlendi worked for Badenoch & Clark, where she started the fashion and luxury practice in 2017, two years after joining the firm.
- Lucy Bull joined Heidrick Consulting as a principal in London, bringing expertise in business transformation including leadership alignment, culture change, communications, talent management and workforce planning. Ms. Bull was previously worked in PwC’s people and organization practice where she focused on helping organizations and leaders understand their talent needs during times of transformation and change.
- Daniel Filet joined the industrial practice as a partner in Amsterdam, focusing on executive searches across the industrial sector including construction equipment, renewable energy, oil and gas, utilities and power equipment, and transportation, among others. Prior to joining Heidrick & Struggles, Mr. Filet was a senior client partner with Korn Ferry.
- Klaus Halsig joined the consumer markets practice as a partner in Frankfurt, specializing in executive and board searches for local and international clients with a focus on manufacturers, retailers and service companies. For 12 years, Mr. Halsig was a partner at Spencer Stuart, conducting board, CEO, managing director and other critical senior executive searches for local and international clients, focusing on manufacturers, retailers and service companies.
- Giulia Iuticone joined the financial officers practice as a principal in Milan, focusing on finance and private equity executive searches across the consumer, industrial and financial services industries. Ms. Iuticone previously worked for large corporates including Schneider Electric, as head of financial planning and analysis in Italy, and General Electric, where she held several roles in finance across oil and gas, power and security businesses mainly in Europe.
- Matthias Kamber joined the financial officers practice as a principal in Zurich, focusing on international and local group chief financial officer, chief information officer, chief technology officer and chief digital officer searches. Prior to joining Heidrick & Struggles, Mr. Kamber worked for Korn Ferry based in Dubai where he led the execution of international C-suite mandates for the civil aviation, aerospace and defense, and transportation practices with a strong focus on digital transformation, big data, data analytics and e-commerce.
- Sherree Kendall joined the industrial practice as a principal in London, focusing on executive searches in the energy and industrial services industries across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Prior to joining Heidrick and Struggles, Ms. Kendall was with a FTSE-listed global executive search firm, leading the oil and gas practice based in London.
Heidrick & Struggles Posts 5.4 Percent Revenue Decline
Heidrick & Struggles posted second quarter revenues of $173.1 million, a 5.4 percent decrease from revenues of $183.1 million the same period a year ago. Executive search revenue declined 4.8 percent year over year, or $8 million, from $158.5 million to $145.8 million last year.
- Jörg Mildner joined Heidrick Consulting as a partner in Bremen, where he leads the firm’s Bremen office and focuses on developing Heidrick Consulting across Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Before joining Heidrick & Struggles, Mr. Mildner and his business partner built an innovative, and highly-recognized consulting company in Germany over the past 15 years, focusing on coaching top executives, implementing leadership development programs, and supporting major cultural transformation processes.
- Adrienne Nemeth joined Heidrick Consulting as a principal in Paris, bringing expertise in leadership team development, innovation and talent development programs, and culture shaping. Ms. Nemeth previously worked with several consulting firms driving corporate culture transformation, high-potential learning, and coaching programs. She spent the first 15 years of her corporate career in General Electric’s various businesses across geographies in marketing, commercial and Six Sigma roles.
- Nicola Pelá joined the consumer markets practice as a principal in London, specializing in human resources and corporate social responsibility searches across multiple industries. Mr. Pelá as operated in the human resources and corporate social responsibility realm for more than 30 years and has built professional expertise spanning the information technology, automotive, aerospace & defense, consumer, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, and fashion and luxury sectors across all five continents.
- Sarah Pinto joined the global technology and services practice as a principal in Brussels, serving clients in technology, financial services and emerging specialties, such as data and analytics, digital transformation and cybersecurity, among others. Previously, Ms. Pinto was a senior research consultant at other executive search firms where she handled searches in information technology and finance
- Jens Vogt joined Heidrick Consulting as a partner in Bremen, where he leads Heidrick Consulting in Germany, Austria and Switzerland and specializes in leadership development, executive coaching, team effectiveness and cultural transformation. Prior to joining Heidrick & Struggles, Mr. Vogt was managing partner at a leading boutique provider of professional services around systemic leadership development and cultural transformation work in Germany for more than 15 years.
Contributed by Scott A. Scanlon, Editor-in-Chief; Dale M. Zupsansky, Managing Editor; Stephen Sawicki, Managing Editor; and Andrew W. Mitchell, Managing Editor – Hunt Scanlon Media