The Moran Company recruits great nonprofit executives. We specialize in recruiting Executive Directors, senior-level Fundraising/Development staff, and other nonprofit leadership positions. We only serve the nonprofit community. Our team has 250 years of “hands-on” fundraising and executive director experience.
Why We Do It
Our firm is unique because our recruiters excelled as nonprofit executives for decades before being hand-picked to join our team. Now it’s our personal mission to recruit top talent for agencies throughout the country – just like yours.
We have the right background and the right contacts—and we’re ready to put them to work for you. Our executive search process, combined with our nonprofit knowledge and network, allows us to recruit the very best.
Our team of consultants are known for their in-depth knowledge of nonprofit organizations and their hands-on experience in numerous sectors. We have actually served as successful executive directors and senior fundraisers. We move easily in these circles and can recruit the best candidates while assessing their true skill sets.
Because of our direct experience in the field, we are sought out by organizations and associations nationwide that want to ensure top talent and a seamless search process that can be customized for critical transitions and long-term stability. View a list of completed searches. We feel rewarded when we can continue to give back to nonprofits by helping them identify the right individuals to lead their organizations and to positively impact their missions.
They say “it takes one to know one.” Our expert consultants are successful nonprofit recruiters because they have decades of personal experience as nonprofit executive directors and senior fundraising professionals. Based on our contracts, approximately 50% of our recruitment is focused on Executive Director positions. More than 40% is dedicated to Fundraising/Development positions. Nearly 10% is for other nonprofit leadership roles such as COO, CFO, Membership Directors, Vice Presidents, and more. We know what it takes to be successful leaders.
The Moran Company, an executive recruitment firm that specializes in the non-profit sector, has placed Seana O’Callaghan as the new CEO of Open Excellence (Foundation for Excellence in Mental Health Care). Jessica Pratt, who has been acting CEO for the last six months, will continue as chief communications officer. Steven Byers led the assignment. “I am
The Moran Company, an executive recruitment firm that specializes in the non-profit sector, has been tapped by Open Excellence (Foundation for Excellence in Mental Health Care) to lead its search for a new CEO. Steven Byers is leading the assignment. Open Excellence is seeking a CEO to lead and grow its U.S. and international programs. The successful
(Sept. 17, 2020 Des Plaines, IL) After a comprehensive national search, the Board of Directors of GISCI is pleased to announce Dr. Candice Luebbering as its new Executive Director, effective October 1, 2020. Martin Roche, GISCI Board President announced, “I am delighted to share the results of our national search for a new Executive Director.
5 Soft Skills for Nonprofit Executive Directors Without Prior Fundraising Experience
12 Questions a Nonprofit Board Should Ask Before Recruiting for Diversity
Does Your Executive Director Need Fundraising Skills?
How COVID-19 Has Changed Fundraising – and How It Has Not
Recruiting Diverse Candidates for Nonprofit Executive Directors and Fundraising Staff
5 Tips for Nonprofits Navigating a New Normal Post COVID-19
Remote Options for a Successful Nonprofit Executive Search during COVID-19
COVID-19 Virus: Your Nonprofit Executive Search Can Still Begin Safely
5 Ways to Make Your Job Application Stand Out During a Nonprofit Executive Search
Don’t Let the Big One Get Away: Keep Your Nonprofit Executive Search Process on Track
Why choose us? Five good reasons:
1. Our firm’s background, experience and attention is dedicated entirely to nonprofits. We do not have other lines of business. We only do recruiting work – and we only work with nonprofits. We limit the number of searches we do at any given time in order to provide the maximum amount of customer service to each one of our clients.
2. You receive personal recruiting services from a senior nonprofit leader. Your search will be led by veteran recruiters who are also seasoned nonprofit executives. Bill Moran and associates have more than 250 years of combined experience as Executive Directors and Development Directors. Your search will never be delegated to a junior associate.
3. We know how to identify and evaluate successful Executive Directors and senior fundraising staff because we have held those positions. Our direct involvement in the nonprofit world has given us special insight into the attributes needed to be effective in these roles. Candidates view us as their peers and respond to us promptly as we target familiar regions and new communities alike. We are able to look beyond resumes by asking behavior-focused questions.
4. We customize your search. At The Moran Company, we know that every organization is unique. We take the time to understand your challenges and needs in order to uncover the right candidates who can achieve long-term goals. We are sought out for critical and complex searches because we understand key nuances in funding, operations and governance.
5. We have a national network of contacts in the nonprofit sector. We’ve done searches and consulted with hundreds of organizations across the United States. We have worked with expert nonprofit executives and fundraisers in the process. We’ve also trained nonprofit staff through our fundraising web seminars, onsite trainings, and regular speaking engagements to nonprofit associations. This has given us a national network of contacts for searches.