Gilman Partners Announces Non-Profit Leadership Practice
CINCINNATI, OH, July 25, 2016 — Based on growing demand in the region for talented leaders of non-profit organizations, Gilman Partners has focused its expertise and resources to formalize a Non-Profit Leadership Practice. Under the direction of Barry Elkus, in collaboration with Karen Finan, the practice partners with non-profit organizations to identify, screen, and attract talent for mission critical roles including CEO, COO, CFO, Executive Director, and Chief Development Officer. Barry and Karen have completed a significant number of non-profit assignments and have served on many non-profit boards. They know how to work with boards and search committees to attract top talent from the business and non-profit communities.
What makes the Gilman Partners Non-Profit Leadership Practice unique?
- A 15-year track record working with a broad mix of non-profit clients
- Relationships with an extensive network of leaders in the business and non-profit communities
- Two senior recruiters (both partners) leading and working all executive-level searches
- Expertise in guiding search committees through a complex recruiting process
- Hands-on support from creating the job profile all the way through offer acceptance and onboarding
- Expertise in the latest trends in compensation, including performance-based components
- Use of an online behavioral assessment and targeted interview questions to address any red flags
- Ability to recruit a diverse slate of candidates based on the search committee’s direction
- A reduced fee and a performance-based fee schedule, so payment is tied to results
- Impressive results: 96% of the senior leaders we place are still with the same organization in three years
With an increasing number of Baby Boomers choosing to retire, non-profit boards are wrestling with succession planning issues. Gilman Partners has been proud to help many of the leading agencies in the region choose their next leader, and the creation of the Non-Profit Leadership Practice is another way for Gilman Partners to give back to the community.
Barry Elkus joined Gilman Partners in 2007 and became a Partner in 2012. He leads the firm’s Marketing and Sales practice as well as managing senior level searches for corporate and non-profit clients.
Barry has built an impressive network of marketing and sales leaders throughout the region as a result of completing over 100 searches for senior level marketing and sales professionals. He also leverages his connections in the community to manage the firm’s extensive non-profit practice, helping Boards and search committees evaluate and select new leaders.
Prior to joining Gilman Partners, Barry served as a marketing and business leader in several industries including healthcare, retail and franchise development. As a former executive in two family-owned businesses, Barry has a unique perspective on the challenges of recruiting for family and privately held businesses.
Barry received his Bachelor’s degree from Duke University and his MBA from Harvard University.
About Gilman Partners
Gilman Partners is the leading retained executive search and recruiting firm serving clients throughout the Midwest from its Cincinnati headquarters and its Chicago office. Many of our clients are family owned or privately held. Our experience has made us especially attuned to the needs of these organizations.