August 5, 2016 – Executive search firm Vetted Solutions LLC has been retained by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation to lead its search for a new president and chief executive officer. The assignment is being led by Vetted Solutions president James Zaniello and vice president Judy Walker.
The Association’s president / CEO has responsibility for providing strategic leadership by collaborating with its board of directors and executive management team to maintain and uphold the organization’s vision, mission, ends policies, goals, strategies, and action plans. The incumbent will supervise staff; oversee all headquarters operations as well as represent the organization to relevant government bodies, customers, and related organizations; and craft a detailed strategy for significant organizational growth over the next several years.
The Association is looking for a recognized leader and strategic thinker who has relevant experience in quality management systems, conformity assessment, accreditation, and / or certification standards. He or she will represent the body to various constituencies and will serve as a brand ambassador.
Essential skills, competencies and experience include:
- A recognized leader with senior management experience as an organizational or departmental executive, with a history of successfully driving revenue in a similarly-sized organization or department;
- Relevant experience in the fields of quality management systems, conformity assessment, accreditation, and certification standards, with practical knowledge of ISO and similar standards;
- A strong strategic thinker with an execution orientation;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, allowing the position holder to represent the organization to various constituencies and to serve as a brand ambassador; and well-honed oral presentation skills;
- Someone who can identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyze information skillfully;
- An inspirational leader who can motivate others to perform well as well as mentor staff members, thereby creating an environment where they can grow and further develop their professional skills.
The American Association for Laboratory Accreditation is a non-profit, non-governmental, public service membership society. It is the only independent (unaffiliated with a parent or government organization), non-profit, internationally-recognized accreditation body in the U.S. offering a full range of comprehensive laboratory and laboratory-related accreditation services and training.
Based in Washington, D.C., Vetted Solutions, a specialist in conducting non-profit and association sector recruiting assignments, focuses on recruiting board members, CEOs and senior staff positions for prominent and well-known organizations nationwide.
Recruiter Rankings: U.S./Americas Top 50
Hunt Scanlon presents the 50 top U.S./Americas search firms — ranging from the largest recruiting and talent leadership solutions providers to the leading boutique specialists that dominate the list this year.
Recent searches undertaken by the firm include recruiting the CEO for SOCAP International, placing the president for El-Hibri Foundation, recruiting a chief learning officer for the American Society of Association Executives, as well as bringing in Daniel Gillison as the executive director of the American Psychiatric Association Foundation.
The economic strength of the non-profit sector has increased in recent years and the sector is now the third largest employer in the U.S. Nearly two million non-profit organizations employ 10.7 million people and produce revenue in excess of $1.9 trillion.
“In this sector, we need to find individuals who are not only incredible leaders with a track record of ensuring success on the revenue generation / business side, but who are also excited by the mission of the organization,” said Mr. Zaniello.
“Boards of directors want to see and hear a candidate’s passion for the work they will be engaged in – whether that is advancing the industry or having an impact on the lives of those served by the organization,” he added. “So we are incredibly focused on the personality and behavioral traits that enhance success in this sector. Much of the time we are seeking consensus builders who enjoy motivating others and who take greater pride in organizational success than their own.”
Contributed by Dale M. Zupsansky, Managing Editor, Hunt Scanlon Media