January 4, 2017 – Global search consortium PRAXI Alliance Worldwide Executive Search has added Istanbul-headquartered executive search firm Talent Smart as its newest member firm. The PRAXI Alliance global network now spans four continents, 21 countries and 58 offices worldwide.
Talent Smart is a newcomer to executive recruiting, focused on growing its presence thanks to its strong position in assessment and development through its affiliate, Assessment Systems, under CEO and founder, Levent Sevinc.
Turkey has the world’s 17th largest gross domestic product and is among the founding members of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development. The country has a sizeable automotive industry, which produced over 1.3 million motor vehicles in 2015, ranking as the 14th largest producer in the world.
Turkish brands like Beko and Vestel are among the largest producers of consumer electronics and home appliances in Europe, and invest a substantial amount of funds for research and development in new technologies related to these fields. Other key sectors of the Turkish economy are banking, construction, home appliances, electronics, textiles, oil refining, petrochemical products, food, mining, iron and steel, and machine industry.
“The Turkish economy has excellent growth potential and an interesting trend in the executive search market,” according to director Fabio Sola, “and we are proud to have Talent Smart on the PRAXI Alliance team.”
With offices in Boston, Chicago and Philadelphia, GattiHR specializes in executive search, workforce analytics and HR technology services. The firm’s workforce analytical services are offered in key areas including climate assessment, employer branding, incentive design and talent management. GattiHR is the parent company of Gatti & Associates, an HR-focused executive search firm in the U.S., and Armstrong Franklin, an executive search firm for manufacturing, engineering and supply chain professionals.
Academic Search is based in Stockholm with additional offices in Malmo and Gothenburg. Founded in 1991, the firm provides recruiting services, interim consulting, and leadership assessment. Since its launch, Academic Search has placed countless executives. The firm is led by CEO Brune Tavell.
A number of executive search consortiums have expanded their memberships in recent months. Here’s a closer look from the Hunt Scanlon Media archives:
- AltoPartners added Backer Wurzel & Partners in Argentina and Equation Partners in Peru as its newest member firms. Based in Buenos Aires, Backer Wurzel & Partners was founded in 2012 by Ricardo Backer and Gustavo Wurzel, former managing partners of Korn Ferry and Heidrick & Struggles. The firm’s focus is on helping CEOs and senior directors in leveraging performance and effectiveness at both management team and individual levels. Equation Partners provides executive search services to a wide diversity of sectors and industries (financial sector, retail, real estate, telecommunications, health and life science, energy, construction, mining services, manufacturing industry and nonprofit organizations);
- IMD International Search Group added Palo Alto, CA-based Fortra Executive Search and London-headquartered Hill Coates Associates as its newest member firms. Fortra is a boutique firm specialized in the specific niche of the venture-funded and private equity technology market in San Francisco. Hill Coates, founded in 2008, specializes in leadership roles in private equity-backed companies. IMD International Search Group also strengthened its presence in South America with the addition of Osser & Osser. Headquartered in São Paulo, Osser & Osser is led by Anna Luiza Osser and Patricia Osser Sales who founded the firm in 2002;
- In August, IRC Global Executive Search Partners added Cabot Consultants and E.A. Hughes as member firms. Founded in 1991 by Elaine Hughes, E.A. Hughes serves clients in the retail and consumer apparel, home furnishings, beauty, digital, e-commerce, footwear and other industries. Cabot Consultants focuses on the advanced technologies, aerospace & defense, clean technology, financial services, government services, life sciences & healthcare, not-for-profit & trade associations, venture capital & private equity sectors, professional services, and semiconductor sectors. IRC also added Chile-based Inquest Consultores as a member firm. Inquest Consultores, led by Pia Puebla Menne and Isabel Walker, has been a key player in the Chilean executive search and compensation management consulting sector for more than 14 years;
- Access Search Partners (ASP) added White Ocean Expert Consulting (WOEC) as its newest member for to address the growing executive search market in India. WOEC is a global executive search and consulting firm focusing on technology and industrial sectors across India and Asia Pacific;
- Penrhyn International announced a further strategic expansion into North America with a joint venture partnership between Canadian executive search firms Leaders & Co and Davies Park Executive Search. With offices in Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver, Leaders & Co. / Davies Park Executive Search specialize in board level positions, leadership succession, and executive recruitment assignments based on fundamental, in-depth research on human capital, providing a seamless and human-centric approach to executive search;
- AIMS International added Danish executive search firm Totem Search & Selection as its newest member firm. Founded in 2000 and led by founder Torsten Miland, Totem serves a wide array of clients in many different industries, including Ramboll; Maersk; Citi; Novartis; Accenture; Daman; Eltel; Capevo; Saxo Bank; TDC Hosting; and Falck Safety Services; among others;
- The Sanford Rose Associates Executive Search Network added Horizon Hospitality Associates and MedCore Talent as its newest member firms. Horizon Hospitality is an executive search firm focused on recruiting talent for the hotels, resorts, restaurants, country clubs and other hospitality-related industries. Since 1998, the firm has placed executive level, vice president, director, management, sales and culinary professionals nationwide. Founded in 2008 by Charlie Mayhone, MedCore Talent is a healthcare executive search and consulting firm niched in the emerging transitional care market. Areas of expertise include recruiting leadership and staff positions for case management, transitional care, care coordination and bundled payment for care improvement specialists for acute, post-acute and payer clients.
Contributed by Dale M. Zupsansky, Managing Editor, Hunt Scanlon Media